OpenText Application Governance & Archiving for Microsoft® SharePoint®
OpenText™ Application Governance & Archiving for Microsoft® SharePoint® (AGA) addresses the challenges of managing SharePoint and SharePoint Online (Office 365) adoption, while providing complete information governance for all content through transparent classification and management of information to support privacy, security and discovery.
Organizations choose SharePoint for its easy and self-service site creation, straightforward content development and improved collaboration and productivity capabilities. However, these advantages also contribute to uncontrolled growth of unmanaged content, increasing complexity and costs for managing SharePoint as a collaboration platform.
Information governance encompasses multiple disciplines, such as records management, archiving and discovery as well as the policies, procedures, processes and controls for managing the lifecycle of business information. It is a major challenge that organizations need to consider when deploying SharePoint. Ensuring that SharePoint falls within an organization’s information governance framework and policies is a key factor in successful deployments.
OpenText™ Application Governance & Archiving for Microsoft® SharePoint® provides integrated, end-to-end management of SharePoint sites and documents across an entire enterprise. It is the only enterprise solution that can accomplish this in on-premises, cloud and hybrid cloud environments.
- Offers industry leading records management and archiving for SharePoint sites and documents
- Proactively manages the lifecycle of SharePoint sites with automated deployment and archiving of SharePoint sites
- Automate compliance with rule-based identification and processing of records
- Enable enforcement of broader compliance and archiving policies
- Meet worldwide certifications and standards
- Facilitate collaboration by surfacing OpenText Content Server content and functionality to users in SharePoint
- Improve user productivity by providing access to view and edit content from numerous enterprise sources directly through SharePoint
- Manage paper and other physical records from within SharePoint
- Search and access your business records from SharePoint
- Manage and integrate your SharePoint and SharePoint Online environments with a consistent set of tools and practices
We chose to build on our group corporate standard, OpenText Content Suite Platform, by adding OpenText Application Governance & Archiving for Microsoft SharePoint. We can now provide our users a single user interface with SharePoint, with critical content being managed by a robust, scalable and proven solution.
Top among the factors for selecting OpenText was the strong, long-standing, strategic partnership between OpenText and Microsoft. Their global relationship and track record gave us the confidence to proceed knowing their respective solutions will continue to work seamlessly together.