OpenText Capture Centre
Automatically capture and interpret paper documents, scanned images, email, and faxes using sophisticated document and character recognition software
OpenText Capture Center (formerly DOKuStar Capture Suite) uses the most advanced document and character recognition capabilities available to turn documents into machine-readable information. Capture Center captures the data “stored” in scanned images and faxes and interprets it using OCR, ICR, IDR, adaptive reading and other technologies. Capture Center reduces manual keying and paper handling, accelerates business processing, improves data quality, and saves you money.
Features & Benefits
- Improve accuracy: Reduce errors and improve the quality of data entering your ECM or ERP systems through rule-based classification, extraction and verification. One-click and manual exception handling further improves accuracy.
- Improve compliance: Reduce delays and compliance issues by controlling incoming documents and connecting them with transactions as soon as they enter your organization. Transfer inbound documents to frontline workers faster.
- Take advantage of advanced technology: Leverage the most advanced tools in the market to extract information using a range of data extraction methods: barcode, patch code, optical mark recognition, forms reading, free forms recognition, database-driven recognition and Adaptive Reading Technology.
- Minimize integration effort: Leverage your existing multifunctional printers, high-end scanning devices, file system folders, email servers, Microsoft SharePoint servers and FTP sites as sources for documents, forms and faxes.
- Customize quickly: Use the Capture Center API to customize and deliver project-specific code at almost any step of the recognition process to meet your specific business requirements.
Extract and Store Data with Document Capture Software
OpenText Capture Center (formerly DOKuStar Capture Suite) uses the most advanced tools available to capture, classify, extract information from, validate, and store paper documents and other types of content, including faxes, email with attached documents, images, business forms, and complex multipart documents.
With OpenText Capture Center, automation starts at the point of entry for most incoming documents—the mailroom.
Pulling from sources such as high-end scanning devices, Multi-Function Peripherals (MFPs), file system folders, email servers, Microsoft® SharePoint® servers and FTP sites, OpenText Capture Center quickly and efficiently captures and digitizes documents, forms and faxes.
Capture Center applies document recognition functionality first to classify the document type (to determine if it’s an invoice, insurance claim, order entry, application form, customer feedback, or other defined document type). It then extracts business data from the digital image using Optical Character Recognition (OCR), Intelligent Character Recognition (ICR) and Intelligent Document Recognition (IDR).
With support for manual and single-click data entry for exception handling in cases where data is unrecognizable, Capture Center validates the document and immediately automatically transfers digitized documents (including associated metadata) to OpenText Content Server, OpenText Transaction Content Processing application or a Microsoft SharePoint environment.