OpenText Content Access for eDOCS
Access content stored in your eDOCS document repository directly from within the context of workflow approval screens and third-party applications
In today’s digital world, business operations need to run like clockwork─fast and efficiently. Information needs to flow securely and seamlessly across business processes. Unfortunately, not all business processes are connected or integrated end-to-end. As a result, users are required to look up data and manually enter it into their primary application or workflow. This constant look up and re-keying is cumbersome, time consuming, and error prone.
OpenText™ Content Access for eDOCS streamlines the flow of information across business processes by eliminating the need for users to look up and re-key information. It allows users to access content stored in their eDOCS document repository directly from within workflow approval screens and third-party applications, such as billing and time management, ERP, CRM, or matter-specific business applications.
By accessing “content within the context of their business process” users get the information they need to complete transactions and make rapid, information-fueled decisions.
- Increase productivity – Access content directly from ERP and other primary third-party application screens; no need to switch back and forth between applications or to re-key information.
- No coding required – Automatically perform extended searches of the eDOCS repository based on data values scraped from the primary application.
- Minimize Re-Keying Errors – Automatic entry of information into business processes and third-party application screens minimizes re-keying errors.
- Single Source of the Truth – Ensure all processes pulling the same information in eDOCS access consistent and up-to-date information (single, synchronized source of truth).
- Reduce cost per transaction – Direct access to all documents anytime, anywhere, from any enabled process speeds data entry and reduces processing time.
- Third party application support via HTML browser client (Internet Explorer). Client-side install only; no server-side software installation required.
- Context-centric interaction between a process or transaction and its associated content within the eDOCS document repository.
- Identify third-party applications’ HTML/MBPM screen and “content enable” the user interface with a document retrieval icon.
- Scrape data values off the primary application screen and use it as an index search parameter [invoke a programmatic (API) query to eDOCS] to retrieve a list of matching documents stored in the eDOCS repository.
- Log in, authenticate, and launch the eDOCS viewer to display content from the match pane window.
Learn more about the Content Access for eDOCS features and benefits.