Accelerate your business performance with content that is managed, secure, and accessible. It’s easy with eDOCS.
Evans & Dixon Success Story
Attorneys used to take home big suitcases on wheels. Now, it's all in the palm of their hands, on their phones or tablets. It’s just a world of difference.
– Jeff Sheldon, CIO, Evans & Dixon
OpenText eDOCS Electronic Document Management (DM) Systems
- Resource Center
Legal Content Management (eDOCS) Overview
The recent economic turbulence has accelerated the transformation from the practice of law into the business of law. Law firms must continually evaluate and update their business processes in order to remain competitive. One huge barrier firm’s face in meeting this challenge is transforming the firm’s information assets from reactive to responsive. Most firms are sitting on huge piles of data that they can’t find or use. This is rigid, limiting and costing them revenue.
On the other hand, a responsive firm can have information repositories that are huge but work as a single source of truth. Interoperable, and empowering. A responsive firm has information confidence and understands its environment –its market, its customers, its problems and its opportunities.– in real time. A responsive firm allows ideas to lead to innovation to lead to growth and scale.
Every matter has a large information shadow. In fact >80% of Enterprise Information is unstructured, but to date, most investment has been in structured information management such as Time & Billing and Litigation Support Systems.This was mostly because firms lacked the ability to comprehensively manage unstructured matter data. But now they can and they must – there’s incredible value hidden there.
OpenText can help. OpenText builds Enterprise Information Management (EIM) systems that turn firm information into an innovative firm. EIM is a set of purpose built technologies and practices that optimise the value of information for law firms while minimising its risks. OpenText EIM gives you control over the firm’s information enterprise, creating the opportunity for unlimited growth and responsiveness.
Featured eDOCS Solutions
Capture, govern, find and securely collaborate on your preferred work product in a highly secure, centralized repository accessible from mobile devices, tablets, laptops, and the cloud.Learn More
Extend governance to rapidly exploding volumes of emails. Capture, organize, and classify email alongside relevant content, while complying with privacy and corporate governance requirements.Learn More
Classify, manage, and govern of all types of records, including physical, electronic, e-mails, and images – from within an eDOCS document management library. Ensure defensible disposition to eliminate document volumes and reduce eDiscovery risk and associated costsLearn More
OpenText Solutions for Legal
Capture, govern, find and securely collaborate on your preferred work product in a highly secure, centralized repository accessible from mobile devices, tablets, laptops, and the cloud.
- Boost your business productivity while reducing risk
- Increase ROI with streamlined deployment and management
Extend governance to rapidly exploding volumes of emails. Capture, organize, and classify email alongside relevant content, while complying with privacy and corporate governance requirements.
- Maximize the value of business content in email
- Enable the management of emails from mobile devices
Classify, manage, and govern of all types of records, including physical, electronic, e-mails, and images – from within an eDOCS document management library. Ensure defensible disposition to eliminate document volumes and reduce eDiscovery risk and associated costs
- Meet worldwide compliance regulations
- Minimize the risk and cost of litigation
Meet compliance requirements, reduce storage costs and eDiscovery risks. Provide seamless access to content for business users across all your organizations content repositories.
- Cost effective storage for high-value business content
- Eliminate redundancy while meeting compliance requirements
Monitor the usage of your document management repository, report on end user activity in real-time, and prevent information security leaks from inside the organization.
- Protect sensitive materials from theft or unauthorized disclosure
- Establish rules for a variety of user activities
Integrate eDOCS with MBPM to gain workflow capabilities and automate document-related processes within your organization.
- Accelerate new business intake while lowering overhead costs, better managing risks
- Identify new areas for profitability and improved customer service
Access business content stored in eDOCS within the context of workflow approval screens and third party apps, such as billing, ERP, CRM, and customer-specific host applications.
- Reduce rekeying of data or switching between applications
- Improve your productivity and streamline decision-making
Enable collaborative work environments while ensuring content published on your SharePoint intranet or extranets are governed and compliant.
- Synchronize versions of content residing both in SharePoint and eDOCS
- Reduce risk, costs, and versioning complexity
Transform raw information into meaningful intelligence to help make better-informed decisions.
- Enables improved decisions to optimized business processes
- Simplifies information access, retrieval and analysis
Consolidate information trapped in silos into a common information platform for discovery, analysis and action.
- End-to-end migration of content from one or many repositories across your organization
- Transform, enrich, and direct information access to decision support systems and corporate applications
Free your employees from the office environment by enabling them to find, view, edit, create, and share business content anytime, anywhere, from most mobile devices.
- Boost the productivity of your workforce with flexible, 24/7 access
- Reduce security threats with Mobile Device Management (MDM) technology
Seamless integration with AutoCAD lets you work more effectively with engineering documents while incorporating them into enterprise document repositories for easy organization and retrieval.
- Minimize time spent looking for or recreating drawings
- Improve collaboration by making drawings accessible across the organization
Ensure documents in your DM repository are easy to work with and safe to share, both inside and outside your organization.
- Modify documents in your DM with annotations and comments
- Make redactions to block out sensitive information
- Publish securely as a PDF, TIF, or expiring content sealed format (CSF) file
Industry leading Conflicts Management and Paper Records Management solutions for law firms.Learn More
Do more to protect your legal content
Preview eDOCS 16.4
Get familiar with our complete set of capabilities. Build a solution tailored to address your legal content management needs and optimize your performance.
An Advanced Solution for Legal
Hyperion Research recognizes OpenText eDOCS an ‘Advanced’ solution for legal.
Information Matters Blogs
Content Chaos Holding You Down? Cut the Ropes!
Fighting the ROT in your Firm
Resist the Dark Side— Govern Cloud Content, You Must