State Health Agency
State health agency reduces record backlog
Department of Health increases responsiveness while safeguarding information with OpenText Brava!
- Receives a high volume of requests for public records from citizens, the media and public interest groups
- Manual redaction was time-consuming and created a large amount of additional paper
- Must comply with state and federal privacy regulations, including the HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) Privacy Rule and state Privacy Act laws
- Secured safe and efficient sharing of records with public and partner agencies
- Diminished paper storage and related costs
- Improved turnaround time for public disclosure requests, reducing backlog by one month
About State Health Agency
The Department of Health aims to prevent disease and protect and promote the health and safety of the people of its state.